Thank you for your interest in working for the Urban Leaders Fellowship!
We are currently hiring 2018 Regional Directors for Dallas, Indianapolis, Washington D.C.
Regional Directors work full-time over the summer (40 hours/week) to manage program operations and oversee the fellows in his/her cohort, and flexible part-time hours in the winter and spring (5 hours/week) to prepare for the program and directly following the fellowship (5 hours/week) to close out.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing 12-25 fellows over the 7-week fellowship, including: leadership development, career coaching, policy and organzing support and feedback, and creating a positive culture for team and individual growth;
- Identifying, securing, and managing relationships with partner organizations;
- Supporting the elected leader partner to develop the scope and sequence of policy projects for fellows to volunteer on before, during, and after the summer fellowship or working with an aligned local campaign to provide a robust volunteer organizing expereince;
- Customizing site-specific programming for fellows, including professional and leadership development sessions, networking opportunities, fellowship-wide programming; and
- Supporting recruitment, selection, and matriculation of fellows in your region.
If you are interested in applying, please read the full job description HERE for more information and how to apply.
Applications are due by November 30, 2017.
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for individuals who are excited at the prospect of developing leaders and advancing the policy initiatives of visionary elected officials. Regional Directors need strong project management skills; knowledge of policy research, analysis and creation; skills in leading and developing adults; and the ability to create a positive culture to facilitate team and individual development.
Applicants must currently live in the city in which they are applying to join, have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, and at least three years of professional experience. Past experience with policy, research, creation or implementation is also required. Experience as a ULF alumni or other policy fellowship is preferred.
Following a review of applications, candidates will be notified of their status. Top candidates for each region will be asked to participate in a 45 minute phone interview.